Monday, July 5, 2010

Just gotta "Git-R-Done!"


The car's in the shop, homework must get done, and I...well I am allowing myself to get lost in golf stuff...again.  I believe everyone has had a bout of this from time to time....well maybe not with the golf stuff.

So what am I doing exactly?

Well, I finished reading and writing a discussion board post for On Writing by Stephen King.  It's quite a great book, actually, with lots of wit, frank writing, and memories from King's humble beginnings.

Of course, the car entered the shop (with my clubs in the trunk too...poor poor planing on my part).

Oh yeah, I got distracted by one of my new favorite golf blogs Real Women Golf and The Golf Channel as well.  I am about to have a serious CTJ meeting with myself in order to quit dilly dallying along.  Perhaps I can tell myself that the more homework I get done, the closer I get to my next golf outing.....hmmmmmmm.  Inspiration indeed!

For now, I think I will take a lesson from King and just Git R Done...wait, that's Larry the Cable Guy. Oops! BUT he does host the seemingly-annual Git-R-Done Golf Classic.  Well I'll be darned!  Anyhow, back to King...he does write about the importance of...err...ummm...how can I relate this to golf...uhhhh...writing what you know.  Yeah.  So, I know that golf is a reward I'll work toward and that homework has to be done.  Yeah, that's it.

Okay, time to get back to work.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment